At Vidyaniketan School , sports and games curriculum is an integral and compulsory part of the education process. Sports help to build character and teach the importance of discipline in life. It inculcates a respect for rules and allows the participants to learn the value to self-control.
Vidyaniketan school has sports and co-curricular facilities, which are enumerated as below:
• Football Field: There is one full size football field.
• Volleyball : There is one outdoor volleyball court where the students can practice.
• Table tennis: The tennis court in school is as per international standards.
• Facilities for skating and netball are also there in the school.
• Judo : Training in judo and other forms of martial arts is offered to the students.
• Aerobics : A well equipped gymnasium adds to the sports facility of the school
• Carrom and Yoga are the other indoor game facilities that the school offers.
• Skating: School offers skating facility to the students.
• Aeromodelling: Students gets an exposure of aeromodelling to develop their technical skills.
• Brain Gain activity: School has developed well –equipped lab for students where students can learn new skills.
• It is our firm belief that every child is gifted with creativity, though in varying degrees. To harness such creative traits and tap the talent at an early age, Vidyaniketan School offers its students a variety of extracurricular activities.
• Vocal and Instrumental music, Dance, Art and Craft and SUPW are integral parts of the education system in the school till Class X. After that the exceptional students are given attention through extra classes. The school has managed to create and hone exceptional talent in all these fields. Children regularly have their works presented in national and international exhibitions.
• The school also holds competitive fixtures against other schools from across the country. Some of the extra curricular activities, which the school encourages its students to be involved with, are:
• Arts & Craft | Instrumental Music | Folk & Classical Dance | Debating | Social Work | Poetry | Gardening | Vocal Music | Western Dance